This seminar will be led by Professor Stephen Melville.
Art’s Institutions: The Art School is open to all UAL Doctoral Students and will run in the Autumn Term on Wednesdays 5-7 pm at CSM Kings Cross.
Wednesday 4 November, 5-7 pm, C202
Wednesday 11 November, 5-7 pm, C303
Wednesday 18 November, 5-7 pm, C303
Wednesday 25 November, 5-7 pm, C303
The preparatory reading will include a selection from the following:
- “Art School: A Roundtable,” Artforum October 2015
- Jacques Ranciere, The Ignorant Schoolmaster
- Howard Singerman, Art Subjects: Making Artists in the American University
- Bill Readings, The University in Ruins
- Eva Diaz, The Experimenters: Chance and Design at Black Mountain College
- Saito and Standish, eds., Stanley Cavell and the Education of Grownups
If you would like to attend, please contact Dr Joanne Morra (firstname.lastname@example.org). It is expected that participants will attend all 4 seminars. Spaces are limited.
Art’s Institutions is co-organized by Dr Joanne Morra and Dr Alison Green. It is supported by the Art Programme at CSM and hosted by Test Lab.
More information about individual sessions is forthcoming.