5 DAYS, 10 ARTISTS
In conjunction with London Art Fair, Artlyst and Central Saint Martins.
Canvas Bar presents: LONDON ART FAIR x CANVAS BAR.
A five day event showcasing 10 selected artists.
21-25 Jan 2015 4-7pm
Bringing a slice of contemporary art to Shoreditch, Canvas Bar will be hosting its very first collaborative event in conjunction with London Art Fair. By presenting three designers daily, over the course of four days to members of the public and press to discuss their latest collection.
Hyped by Harper’s Bazaar as the best cocktail bar in London. The Canvas Bar team of highly skilled mixologists, will also be offering press the chance to sample their new cocktail and canapés menu on Thursday 22nd January 4-7pm, while listening to the sounds of The Boxx who will be performing live during the ‘No January Blues’ after party from 6pm on wards.
On Saturday 25th January, Canvas Bar will also be welcoming Parisian resident DJ Wilfred Bouron from 9pm-2am, his electro beats and favourite tunes will keep you dancing throughout the evening.
To conclude our LAF x Canvas Bar event at 4pm on Sunday 25th January Canvas Bar will be having a ticketed event – Burns Night. A Burns supper is a celebration of the life and poetry of the poet, Robert Burns. Early bird tickets can be bought at £15 from ww.designmynight.com.
Expect a night of smoked salmon Bellinis, kilt wearing staff and themed cocktails ‘Mac Daddy’ and ‘Queen of Scots’.
Steven Quinn who is the current exhibitor at Canvas Bar will also have his work available for public viewing until 31st January 2015.
LAF x CANVAS BAR DAILY ARTIST SCHEDULE
WED 21ST JANUARY 2015 – First day
- SIOBHAN BELINGLY – practice investigates collage in an extended form. Her use of found images and materials and strategies for display sets up relationships that reinvent the identity of the objects themselves investing in them new potentials and new meanings. Her works questions the idea of boundaries and the crossing of boundaries. Her fragmentation and disparate scattering of the work allows it to connect and disconnect with itself and its surroundings, bringing into play objects and spaces both intentionally and unintentionally.
- PAUL DOHERTY – is from Co.Antrim in Northern Ireland. He is currently based in London and is completing a Masters in Fine Art at Central St. Martin’s College of Art. As well as a visual artist, Paul is also a practising Architect. Paul’s concerns lie with constructing images that disrupt the easy progression of time. The source material for his paintings and drawings are gleaned from the history of painting and design. His images treat the historical not as unquestioned fact but as an open-ended form of retelling.
- CHANTI CLARK – Is a London based illustrator and designer and graduate from the University of the Arts London. Drawing is a passion of hers and so her work leans towards a handcrafted aesthetic, however she does have an excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite. I also have experience with various printing techniques including screen printing. My main areas of interest are in narrative, fashion and editorial illustration
THUR 22ND JANUARY 2015 – No January Blues Press Day
- VALERIE DRISCOLL – Valerie Driscoll creates installations that use seduction and immersion to explore the very act of seeing. She works with film, video, sculpture and online environments to devise strategies for the interlacing of visual culture and political philosophy. Her work is regularly exhibited internationally and supported by the Arts Council of England.
- ZINA ARTIST – The Norwegian artist Zina (@illuzina), started spraying when moving to London after finishing her illustration degree. Current work document her interest for the urban art scene that has sparked a desire to work with spray paint. These outdoor paintings combine influences, looking at realistic portraiture and different ethnic cultures
- ELLA BULLEY – Is a material explorer and multidisciplinary designer. Her work provides an insight to her experimental design approach inspired by traditional textiles combined with technology, illustrating the evolution of creative opportunities and the essence of value.
- 6pm live performance by The Boxx
FRIDAY 23RD JANUARY 2015
· REBECCA O’RORKE – Art is Rebecca’s passion and has been so for years. She explores it as relaxation and form of escapism after a long day! “It’s via an app using mixed media! I can escape to wherever my imagination takes me without leaving home”!
- SIMON FITZMAURICE – is a professional illustrator, artworker and screen print editions printer based in London. He studied at Graphic Design at Bath Spa University, where he discovered a passion for reproducing hand rendered image making for print. Simon is currently working as a technician at Print Club London, and uses this opportunity to further his craft and to engage with the process on a daily basis. His own work is inspired by architecture, urban environments and often unremarkable objects, that can conjure stories of human interaction, affiliation and empathy. Simon can normally be seen cycling all around the city with pens and sketchbooks immediately to hand.
- DARIO SRBIC – (1974, Austrian) spent his childhood in Bosnia and Croatia, where he attended primary and secondary school. Subsequently, he moved to Vienna, Austria, where he started reading philosophy and theory of art, a step that awakened his interest to move from theory to practice, attending theatre, film and media studies and making various photography and experimental film projects, that were shown on numerous international festivals. In 2011, he moved to Berlin, Germany, working as independent artist and photographer, taking part in several group shows, amongst others in the renown Leopold Museum in Vienna, Austria. Since 2013, he is commuting between Berlin and London, as MA Photography student at Central Saint Martins and is recipient of the Photographic Angle Award Bursary in 2014.
SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY 2015
- Same artists from the previous day (Friday 23rd)
- DJ Wilfried Bouron 9pm – 2am
SUNDAY 25TH JANUARY 2015
- BURNS NIGHT from 4pm.
Marketing & PR Assistant
Magdalene Kusi-Lawrence, Second Floor, 4 Paul Street, Shoreditch, London, EC2A 4JH, Tel: 0207 5393539. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing & PR Manager
Maria Jordan, Second Floor, 4 Paul Street, Shoreditch, London, EC2A 4JH, Tel: 0207 5393539, Mob: 07572 543599. Email: email@example.com